Saturday, August 1, 2009

I.had.no.idea...

The incomparable Meg Rosoff has a new book that is available in August! Sometimes I do these searches to see what authors are up to and what their next book will be, what they're working on, and I realize that I must now relinquish my holy bookseller badge (which also works as a Communicator just for fun). I had no idea that Ms. Rosoff has a new book available and so soon, AND so unknown to me!

Here is a little peak from Goodreads.com:

A young woman runs away from home and finds love in the most unexpected place
In Meg Rosoff’s fourth novel, a young woman in 1850s rural England runs away from home on horseback the day she’s to marry her childhood sweetheart. Pell is from a poor preacher’s family and she’s watched her mother suffer for years under the burden of caring for an ever-increasing number of children. Pell yearns to escape the inevitable repetition of such a life.

She understands horses better than people and sets off for Salisbury Fair, where horse trading takes place, in the hope of finding work and buying herself some time. But as she rides farther away from home, Pell’s feelings for her parents, her siblings, and her fiancĂ© surprise her with their strength and alter the course of her travels. And her journey leads her to find love where she least expects it.

Rosoff’s magical voice and her novel’s ethereal setting will thrill her passionate longtime fans and garner her new ones.


As a passionate longtime fan I also am very in love with the cover art, gorgeous! We have The Bride's Farewell on order at the store and I think we'll get it right away as it seems to be in stock already. I can't even wait.

Mandy

Also interesting:

Interview with Meg Rosoff

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails