Tuesday, January 19, 2010

*Red Spikes* for some afternoon...


We just received a paperback copy of Red Spikes by Margo Lanagan at the store. I reeeaallly love that they've kept the original hardcover art as it is gorgeous. Evocative, awesome, daring.

I have a few books of short stories and essays and interviews piling up at home and I think I'll do a weekly post about the "shorts" I've read. You know, you read a great short story, interview, essay in the teen vein and you want to talk about it!

I have a copy of Kelly Link's Pretty Monsters coming in too, because I seem to think that I haven't read all of the stories inside.

I think that short story collections are often overlooked and shouldn't be. There is something very satisfying in finishing a complete story in one sitting. Graphic Novels are great for this too.

Any short story collections, essay collections, or interview collections I should know about?

Mandy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails