Wednesday, September 30, 2009

How I Decided To Read *Bad Apple* by Laura Ruby

On monday I received a beautiful new copy of Bad Apple by Laura Ruby. I was showing it to my co-worker Erica and here was our conversation:

Me: Yeah, so I got this book today which looks great. I don't know what it's about at all.

Erica: *picks it up* A student having an affair with her teacher.

Me: ...oh...COOL!

Erica: *quizzical look*

Not that the TOPIC is cool in real life, it's just a good premise. It reminds me a little of Boy Toy by Barry Lyga. So I'm pumped to read it. And just look at the cover; green apples all around and then there's this brownish-red apple in the middle. Actually, now taking the time to have a boo at the jacket blurb, there are rumors that the main girl and her art teacher are having an affair. It seems maybe there's something more going on.

E. Lockhart and Libba Bray say some really nice things about this book on the back cover. And I love E. and Libba. I'm totally intrigued.
Mandy

5 comments:

Cecelia said...

I think I'd have the same knee-jerk reaction as your co-worker. Happy reading!

Tales of Whimsy said...

The cover fascinates me.
I love that expression.

Rachel said...

hahaha love the story! I want to read this so bad!!!

Nina said...

Enjoy reading the book. The cover is little bit weird, if you think of the story. :) Or maybe not..

Katie said...

Yes! This is the book that I wanted to get and completely forgot about. I feel like such an idiot, but thank you for reminding me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails