Monday, February 1, 2010

One More From the *Mailbox*


I am so excited to read Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce. It snuck into my mailbox today and its so tempting. The cover is amazing. I hope publishers hear that: a YA cover that does not have a photo of a person, either fully or halfy, and it AMAZES me. It is gorgeous. What do you think, would you read it?

Scarlett is a werewolf hunter. Her "raging heart" won't let her rest until she's killed all the Fenris--the werewolves who attacked her sister and ravaged Scarlett's eye. She's got a razor-sharp hatchet and expertly lures werewolves in for the kill. Her sister, Rosie, owes Scarlett her life. When she meets Silas, a woodsman, her heart is torn. The book is also a play on Little Red Riding Hood.

Sisters Red is the first of a series and it's out in June, via Little Brown.

Mandy

8 comments:

YA Book Queen said...

I love that cover, and it totally sounds awesome!

j said...

Yes I would read it! It looks interesting :)

Katie said...

I just finished this one this month and it was AWESOME. I hope you like it as much as I did!

(Also? It's a series? YAY!)

prophecygirl said...

It looks great, bet you're really excited. :)

I loved As You Wish, so will definitely be reading this.

Guinevere said...

I really want to read this!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

I'm a little obsessed with this cover - it's incredible. I've heard good things about the book and can't wait to read it. I look forward to comments from you once you've read it. :)

Tales of Whimsy said...

This sounds so fab. And the cover is so striking!

R.J. Anderson said...

I read this story in manuscript and loved it then, but when I read the ARC a couple of months ago, it had become even better! It's a great, dynamic action story with compelling characters and a swoon-worthy romance... I expect this one to be big.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails